No entry forms will be accepted on the day of the show.
1. Every article shown for a prize must have been produced in the exhibitor’s own premises or school. Any person breaking this rule shall forfeit all claims to prizes and the Committee has the power to examine any exhibitor’s garden on, before or after the show. Plant material may, however, be purchased for any Floral Art class.
2. Exhibitors must give notice of the entries they intend to exhibit in the Show to Patzi Skinner (6, Barleycroft, Cowfold) by 5pm on Thursday 29th June or bring their entry forms to The Smithy. Bolney Road, between 6pm and 9pm on Thursday 29th June. No exhibitor may have more than one entry in any one class. No late entries accepted for any reason.
3. Entries for the garden classes must be notified to Patzi Skinner, (address above) by 9pm on Sunday 18th June. The garden judge will examine the gardens of all who wish to compete in classes 1 and 2. The results of the judging will not be made known until the Show on 1st July.
4. All entries included for competition must be at the Show between 8am and 10am on the day of the Show. All exhibits must be staged and ready for judging by 10.30am when the Show will be cleared of all persons not officially engaged in the judging. Vases will be provided except where otherwise stated in the schedule.
5. No exhibit may be removed from the Show until after the prize giving at 4.15pm. All exhibits should be removed from the marquee by 5pm. Any items remaining will be disposed of by the Committee.
6. The judges will have the power to withhold prizes, either because of insufficient entries or because of poor quality of the exhibits. They may also award extra prizes if any exhibits are worthy of such distinction.
7. Any exhibitor having a complaint, must bring the complaint to the Show Secretary before 3.30pm on the day of the Show.
8. The Society cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage.
9. No trade jars or bottles are to be used for any exhibit.
10. The roots of exhibits must be washed and have tops cut and tied, except where otherwise stated.
11. Except for classes 100 to 104, items of handicraft must have been completed since the 2016 Show.
12. All cups won at the previous year’s Show must be returned to Patzi Skinner one week before the Show. Failure to return any cup will result in the holder’s automatic disqualification for this year.